Cost Accountant – Mazoon Dairy Company
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Reporting to :Finance Manager
Responsible for the accurate and timely cost accounting and expense control for the Dairy Farm, Processing Plant and the Sales Department. Key accountabilities will include estimating standard costs for products and inventory value.
The role provides critical inputs to decision support systems team for optimum product mix to be produced and livestock related operational costing. In addition to assisting the finance manager in the monthly financial reporting the role is also instrumental in the setting up and implementation of an ERP.
Main Tasks & Accountabilities
• Prepare, maintain and analyse product standard costs for all product lines.
• Lead preparation of standard labor and overhead burden rates and related inventory revaluation for the division
• Maintain and oversee inventory control processes for all inventory categories and reconcile physical assets to the general ledger on a periodic basis.
• Track and analyse all inventory elements of product cost and ensure inventory valuation is stated in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles as well as division and corporate policies.
• Identify issues and proactively initiate analysis (labor, material usage, spending, etc.)
• Assist in the development, cost benefit analysis and implementation of cost reduction initiatives.
• Assist in preparation of capital appropriations requests
• Assist with the monthly closing process
• Assist with financial audits as needed and provide recommendations for procedural improvements and control deficiencies
• Track/review cost reduction projects and maintain required reporting
• Prepare special projects and financial analysis for discussions with management concerning product investment and/or pricing decisions.
• ERP design and implementation.
• Understand and ensure meeting the obligations of health and safety requirements of employment legislation.
• Effective communication within and outside the team
• Contribute to the team, letting others know information that may be useful or important
• Help to create a fun, supportive work environment
Education Level – Minimum Requirement Bachelor degree in Accounting,
ICWA, CMA , Mcom Costing or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of progressive cost accounting and analysis experience with a manufacturing organization preferably in the dairy sector; strong emphasis put on knowledge of management accounting, cost and inventory accounting
• Experience in Dairy and/or Food manufacturing environment a plus
|Job Location:||Ibri, Oman|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Food Production|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|