Fixed Asset Senior Accountant – Green Umbrella
Key Responsibilities of the Selected Staff
The Fixed Asset Senior Accountant position is accountable for assisting the Financial Controller (FC) in a Fixed assets accounting. He/ She is also expected to be aware of flows of information from concept to capitalisation and its impact on General Ledger/Sub-Ledger book keeping and reporting.
He/ She is accountable for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets. He/ She will have overall responsibility for coordinating fixed assets accounting aspects inclusive of financial reporting.
• Assist in providing/analysing financial information to guide management in the strategic decision-making processes associated regarding any assets.
• Provide inputs to the Business Plan/Budget as and when required.
• Ad hoc Reports as and when needed.
• Maintain rapport with various stakeholders (Internal or External)
• Support a culture of team spirit, co-operation and continuous self-development.
• Operate/Maintain the Fixed Asset Accounting module in the Oracle System for the purpose of producing financial reports, reconciliation with the General Ledger and the provision of any asset related reports that may be required.
• Liaise with IT’s Oracle team, with initiatives to improve the system so as to produce reports and or complete tasks in a more efficient and transparent way.
Policies, Processes & Procedures
• Participate in developing/maintaining policy, procedures and processes related to the accounting functions covering all the activities carried out within the function with particular attention to fixed asset accounting required governance.
• Adherence to Omran’s set policies and procedures.
• Help the lead accountant for all activities associated with the provision of information to External, State and Internal Auditors on annual/half yearly audit or as and when required, particularly regarding fixed assets related activities.
• Ensure, in coordination with Projects Personnel, adherence to contractual terms with particular attention to payment, penalty and project progress.
• Comply with government reporting requirements (such as Commercial Law requirements) and tax filings in accordance with Oman Tax Law (with particular attention to Impairment Provisions etc.).
• Coordinate/Support the production of various fixed assets’ associated reports in conjunction with the Financial Services section.
• Assist in issuing timely and complete financial statements inclusive of Tax Returns associated reports.
• Assist/Provide financial analyses as needed.
• Assist/Provide ad-hoc reports as and when required
• Delivering accurate, supportable and unbiased valuation conclusions
• Proper valuation of fixed assets, undertake physical verification and booking accurate depreciation
• Impairment provisioning as per relevant standards
• Undertake and manage fixed asset inventories for buildings, machinery and equipment, infrastructure, land, and land improvements
• Undertake accounting and insurance capital asset valuation, using direct, standard and normal costing techniques with consistency and accuracy.
• Liaising with project management team to give proper fixed asset accounting treatment
• Visiting site to inspect and gather technical information about the real property and/or machinery and equipment assets
• In coordination with project personnel, respond to all queries on all financial aspects of the various assets
• Analyse and interpret management reports for project / development staff enabling them to make informed decisions
Qualifications and Experience
• At least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or equivalent. Other degrees maybe considered if backed by both accounting certification and solid accounting experience.
• Professional acc
|Job Location:||Muscat, Oman|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Monthly Salary:||US $500|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|