Fleet Supervisor – Mazoon Dairy Company
Job Title:- Fleet Supervisor
Section:- Fleet Operations
1. Reporting Lines
Reports directly to:- Senior Logistic Manager
2. Job Purpose
The main purpose of this position is to ensure that the fleet is available, dependable and safe at all times. Supervise inbound/outbound freight of vehicles. Oversees DOT compliance and reporting.
Control Sales assets.
3. Main Tasks & Accountabilities
• Manage the inventories of vehicles, equipment, supplies, parts, and materials effectively
• Ensure all established safety policies, legislation and regulations are administered and enforced in all areas
• Collaborate with HR to add competent and reliable drivers to the fleet
• Offer guidance to heavy vehicle drivers (both salaried and contractual), and helpers/cleaners
• Ensure that all drivers understand and procure the licenses and permits required to legally carry loads to customer destinations
• Monitor vehicle movement and drivers’ habits with the help of GPS trackers
• Ensure that all regulatory Drug and Alcohol testing was completed according to the company and D.O.T. policy and regulations
• Keeps up-to-date records for inspections, maintenance, and repair
• Checks all repair work, including physical inspections and road tests for completeness
• Manage vehicle allocation and planning up to one month in advance
• Update fleet policy and procedures regularly
• Conduct internal auditing to keep the vehicles compliant as per HSE standards
• Keep employees informed about their fleet programs and progress
• Implement the transportation plan according to the client’s needs, the legal requirements and local constraints
• Manage daily route and load scheduling assignments for multi-drop deliveries
6. Person Specification (Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience)
Additional duties to be carried out by the workshop supervisor:
1. Scheduling of work routine for his staff to complete all servicing, overhauling and stock control procedures.
2. Monitoring of work in progress and staff performance.
3. Ensuring that all vehicles under his control are maintained in the best possible order.
4. Requesting spare parts to ensure an adequate supply of all times.
5. Assessing equipment needs for his workshop. And keep them maintained as per the company policy. 6. Responsible for ensuring that all safety precautions and regulations are observed in his workshop. This includes risk assessments and periodic inspections and follows up on the findings.
7. Provide depot maintenance in areas such as electrical installations, cold stores and refrigeration, and depot tidiness. This will also include villas and accommodation.
8. Organization of motor vehicle periodic inspection MVPIs for his vehicles. Also to keep all registrations of vehicles valid at all time by timely renewals. Should also ensure the municipal health certificates for vans and taxes paid.
9. Responsible for the control of expenditure and repair and maintenance costs in the workshop.
10. Responsible for maintaining all relevant files and records on vehicles, parts and equipment and other transactions in an orderly fashion. Provide the Foreman with reports as and when required.
11. Responsible for ensuring that new employees under his control are properly briefed, trained and understand their job responsibilities.
12. Plan the annual vacation of the staff under him without affecting activities.
13. Clear all used parts by following the company disposal procedures.
14. Allocate the fleet to eligible users and keep proper documents for that.
15. To assist Logistics, sales, merchandising in areas where workshop’s hand required.
16. To maintain proper control of the shop fridges movement and repairs.
17. To maintain proper control of Fuel cards allocation with proper documents.
18. To ensure a neat working environment in the workshops
19. Analyze major failures and report to Foreman with technical details.
6.1: Education Level – Minimum Requirement
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in Logistics/ Fleet Management would be an advantage
• Knowledge of MS Office and fleet management systems
6.2: Professional Qualifications
• Certification in logistics/fleet management
• Valid commercial driver’s license
6.3: Work Experience
• +3 years of supervisory experience in a fleet management role
• Experience in route planning and optimization of the transport network
|Job Location:||Ibri, Oman|
|Job Role:||Logistics and Transportation|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|