Plant General Manager -Omani Nationalities only – Green Umbrella
To provide overall direction to the plant teams and lead all the activities within the plant to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operations of the plant, optimum utilization of resources and delivery of uninterrupted supply of Power / Water in accordance with the defined standards, whilst fulfilling all contractual obligations in order to maximize revenue
Strategy & Plans
• Develop the plant strategy in line with Companys Operations and Maintenance strategy to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies across.
• Regularly report to the Manager on the operational and maintenance activities of the plant, challenges and issues faced, mitigations taken, etc. as required, to keep them informed and updated on the plant’s activities.
• Prepare board presentations that include financial figures, plant warranty issue and operational and manpower issues etc., in order to keep them up to date of all statistics and records relevant to the plant.
• Manage and monitor the performance of direct and indirect reports, defining workforce requirements and recruiting, in conjunction with the Human Resources function, to ensure competent, qualified and highly motivated employees are available to enable the achievement of the plant objectives.
• Manage the effective achievement of the team’s objectives through setting individual objectives, developing the team and providing formal and informal feedback to maximise overall performance, engagement and motivation.
• Develop the Plant’s Operating budget and manage and monitor the financial performance against the budget on a regular basis, so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
• Understand the financial metrics /costs/ contractual obligations of the project, to ensure the achievement of the revenue, costs, profitability and productivity targets
Operations and Maintenance
• Provide overall direction to plant operations and maintenance teams to meet approved production objectives while providing technical guidance and expertise to ensure timely resolution of issues and recommend changes to approved procedures considering technological developments and changing business conditions.
• Plan and direct for minor and major changes within the plant and its respective processes to ensure a safe working environment while also maintaining plant efficiency levels, as per the approved procedures.
• Provide overall guidance and ensure the effective implementation of SAP processes within the plants and adherence to SAP guidelines in all aspects of production planning, scheduling, order processing, material movement etc. in order to ensure system/data integrity in line with defined standards.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor degree holder in Engineering.
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in managing a production plant, with operational experience in the power and water desalination sector.
• Techno-commercial know-how with extensive knowledge of contracts and agreements
• Extensive leadership skills and excellent planning ability
• Extensive experience and know-how of conceptual and analytical thinking and excellent presentation skills
• Extensive knowledge of the operations in water desalination and power generation plants and operations
• Excellent communication, influencing and motivating skills
• Project Management
|Job Location:||Muscat, Oman|
|Monthly Salary:||US $500|